Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Miss Us Yet???

It's been a while since the last update and we've been plugging along with the camper.  Looking back at our last post, it seems like we've done a lot! Which is a good feeling when it still feels like we have so much more to go. Let's get you up-to-date...



Kitchen Cabinets

I believe the last post showed them framed and sitting in the camper. Here is the base cabinet on paint-day, ready to go.

The hole in the side is for the microwave electrical cord.



A typical summer thunderstorm rolled in and the painting continued in my horribly messy workshop.  Maybe someday I will get it back to its clean and organized state.

Once the three coats of paint were done, it was time to mount the cabinet permanently in the camper. Here it is freshly installed and with the microwave in its cubby. Looks pretty good!


And here is a photo of the cabinet as of today. The doors will be touched up with paint again after I am done banging them around and getting them dirty. ;-)


We decided to paint the cabinet doors the same color as the walls, which is a slight gray color. The color contrast shows well on the cabinets and is just the right amount of color for us.  I still have to build the tip-out shelf/cubby for in front of the sink.  I have the door ready to go, but am waiting on the sink install to be finished.

The kitchen wall cabinet was next. I built it in the workshop, installed it in the camper, then we painted it.



Here is the cabinet after installing the doors (late night photo).


And here is the wall cabinet as of today. I am beginning to install the hardware, but was only test fitting it in this photo.




Front Bench Seat

Here are the front bench seat photos. I still have to install the door to cover the storage area.

Test fitting the frame.

Ready for paint.

Sitting pretty!  :-)



Front Wall Cabinet and Bench Seat #2

The front wall cabinet was built the same as all others and is just waiting some more paint.  The second bench seat is still being framed and designed.  There will be a storage box built into the back of it to fill the gap and hide the plumbing--you'll see.

Here are the two as of today.




Kitchen Sink

We found a great deal on a sink and faucet from the local Habitat Home Store! Sink $3, Faucet $15. I cut the opening in our countertop (still to be finished) today and snapped a photo.




Wheels and Tires

I also started to clean up the wheels in preparation of painting them and their new tires.  I ordered the tires and trailer wiring earlier this week and expect them early next week.  I was able to find some great tires with a load range D rating from etrailer.com. 

Wheels Before:


Update to the A/C Saga

I have changed plans with the A/C and am going with the below design. I ordered a camper hatch/door from ebay that the window A/C will slide in/out of on ball bearing slides on a tray.  This will allows to use the A/C in our home and camper as needed, and is a better solution than having one permanently hang out of the camper all the time.  I'll keep you updated on this (of course) as we go along.  Here is my plan for now:


See you next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment