Monday, June 23, 2014

Bearings, Primer, and Paint - Part One

Plans deviated slightly for Sunday, but in a good way.  My father in-law surprised us with a visit to re-do the wheel bearings for us. The camper had a set of Bearing Buddy's on the axle, but given the general shape of the camper, I didn't have much hope that the wheel bearings would be in good order. To our surprise and joy, the bearings, races and seals looked great! We replaced the seals just-in-case and exchanged the old axle grease with new fully synthetic grease. Not wanting to get in my father in-law's way, I was only able to snap a few photos mid-project:




 Meanwhile, my wife worked on sanding, priming, and painting the cabinets and doors. We used KILZ primer (2-3 coats) then Valspar Latex paint. All cabinets will be white.





I spent the day helping and building the wall cabinet for the kitchen area. I didn't complete it until later and we were all quite baked (by the hot Sun) by then and too tired to snap a photo. I'll share photos in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment